Click on the link here for Audio Player: National Philharmonic of Russia Concert
Two works on the program: Beethoven’s Piano Concerto Number 4 and Brahms’ Symphony Number 4.
The concert was recorded on October 6th of this year by Orpheus Radio.
It’s all on one player and the announcements are in Russian.
A great concert with Lugansky doing a wonderful job with the Beethoven.
Classic Anti-Road Rage Wednesday, if you ask me.
The National Philharmonic Orchestra of Russia
Conductor – Vladimir Spivakov. Soloist – Nikolai Lugansky. Program: Piano Concerto № 4 of Ludwig van Beethoven Symphony № 4 by Johannes Brahms. Recorded in the Great Hall of the Moscow Conservatory on October 6, 2012.
- Concert Review | Lugansky, Dutoit bring down Symphony Hall (tuftsdaily.com)
- Music Review: Nikolai Lugansky With the New York Philharmonic (nytimes.com)
- Dutoit Conducts Debussy, Rachmaninoff and Elgar (wqxr.org)
- The Hurricane Shakes Up a Debut (nytimes.com)
- Dutoit Conducts Rachmaninoff and Elgar (wqxr.org)